Sunday 19 October 2008

About me.

This blog is anonymous so I can't write who I am, however I can explain the reason of the name of this blog: “the Alternaria”. It is related to one of my hobbies, the mushrooms. I like to learn about how they grow, what kind of benefits or problems can cause, for instance the Alternaria is a cosmopolitan fungus commonly isolated from plants, soil, food, and indoor air environment. The production of brown pigment is one of its major characteristics. You can find it in your house, exactly in your fridge, It's the typical dark pigment that appears on the tomato surface.

In addition if you watch this fungus trough the microscope you can see this appearance.

It's exciting to discover how they grow, the different morphologies, and colours that they have.


1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

I could never imagine mushrooms could awake such a passion. Well done! Good for you!!

See my changes and, please, correct.

-I like to learn about how THEY grow, what kind of benefitS or problems can CAUSE,
-It's the typical dark pigment that appearS on the tomato surface.
-this fungus tHrough the MICROSCOPE..
-It's exciting to discover how THEY grow